We have all been asked on many occasions whether we are allowing people to bring their pampered pooches with them to walk in the parade.
Whilst we would never say no to pooches joining in the parade there are a few things we would like you to consider for the health of your pooch should it be a warm day.
1. You must ensure your dog is on a lead and is not likely to be distressed by loud noises during the parade.
2. You must keep your dog on a lead at all times.
3. A dogs paw pads can burn on hot pavements. As a general rule, if it’s too hot for your hand it’s too hot for their paws. If it is to hot please do not make your dog walk the route.
4. You must provide a steady supply of water and a drinking bowl for your pooch should they require a drink.
5. All poop must be picked up to avoid being marched in
6. The dogs must be friendly, sociable and be confident around people of all ages. As there may be children of all ages and other pooches at the event.
We aim to ensure that any animal taking part in the parade is as comfortable as possible. Whilst we do not want to turn down our furry four-legged walkers, it is important to consider their safety first.
We look forward to seeing you all there!