Purpose of the Organisation
To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit and in particular the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation or gender identity, including in particular but not exclusively by:
- Raising the awareness of the public with regard to all aspects of discrimination in society and issues and difficulties affecting the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) people;
- Cultivating a sentiment in favour of equality and diversity in particular through celebrating the diversity of LGBT communities
- Advancing education in equality and diversity whether by signposting to other organisations or services or producing materials;
- Producing publications, lectures, media and other means of communication;
- Staging an annual LGBT festival; and
- Such other objects as are charitable under the laws of England and Wales as the trustees shall at their absolute discretion determine.
The activities of this company shall be undertaken in particular but not exclusively in Great Yarmouth and the wider Waveney Area (the areas of benefit).